Product Safety and Compliance Manager
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a member of the central RA-SCR team, your job is to ensure that Personal Health products comply with external regulations and standards and with company product safety & compliance policies. You will oversee the process of all the complaints and you are responsible to facilitate and support the entire organization.
You are responsible for
You will ensure product safety throughout the product lifecycle, by taking part in the related processes execution, future process development, and deployment of new process versions and tools.
As a member of the central safety team you will:
- Ensure smooth and timely (potential safety) complaint management process execution, and have responsibilities in complaint evaluation, investigation, preparation of regulatory reports if applicable, and review of complaint investigation conclusions when proposed for closure.
- Support deployment of new ways of working and new IT tools for managing potential product safety complaints and trending
- Support safety complaint trending activities and indicating follow-up action necessity
- Instruct and support the innovation sites on the new process and tooling
- Monitor the process KPI’s and pro-actively improve
- Support the Personal Health Safety Lead on product risk management related activities throughout the product lifecycle
- Support future process develoment in areas of product safety risk management, post-market surveillance and complaint handling.
You are a part of
Personal Health business cluster, which delivers personalized solutions for consumers that enable healthier lifestyles and (chronic) disease prevention. Personal health cluster includes businesses personal care, oral healthcare, mother & childcare.
Central RA-SCR team in its delegated role of Legal Manufacturer, is accountable for product Safety, Compliance and Regulatory Intelligence for the Personal Health cluster. It owns the related processes and competence and represents the Legal Manufacturer on matters of product regulatory compliance and safety towards competent authorities.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a degree in Software, Electrical, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering, combined with a quality mindset and strong interest for Regulatory and Compliance.
- At least 5 years of experience in product development, preferably in Safety & Compliance domains in international, multi-disciplinary development projects
- Experience in the domestic appliance or the medical device domain is valuable additional asset.
- Proven analytic capabilities and product knowledge – system thinking;
- A network oriented mind-set and ability to interact with different business functions at all levels
- Project management skills
- Conceptual, analytical, data driven, and also hands-on, getting things done mentality
- Willing to travel internationally/intercontinentally when needed (traveling percentage 5-10% on yearly base)
- Fluent in the English language
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.