Program Manager Domestic Appliances
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to support the innovation portfolio management in Philips Domestic Appliances
Are you ambitious and do you want to learn everything about Research & Development in an international environment? Are you looking for a role where you can work on strategic projects and does your background combine business as well as engineering? Then this might be a unique opportunity for you.
You are responsible for
- Align strategic portfolio components (Sub portfolios; Cluster/Business level programs, initiatives, projects, and operations) with our organizational strategic objectives, goals, and priorities.
- Ensure maximum value of the portfolio (incl lifecycle) by optimizing the cost-benefit ratio of individual components and exploiting synergy opportunities of the total portfolio
- Drive Portfolio Performance including the activities required for managing the portfolio using the portfolio processes. Continuously monitors and evaluates the performance of the consolidated portfolio components in order to balance the portfolio; and reports on progress towards the achievement of strategic objectives
- Balance and manages portfolio risk consistent with the risk appetite of the organization and facilitates decision-making. Assurance of high quality risk management in the sub portfolio’s in line with predefined risk appetite.
- Support businesses and management with detailed analysis of portfolio and setup to drive data based decision making
- Continuously communicates with stakeholders; understanding their needs and expectations; addressing issues as they occur; managing conflicting interests; and fostering appropriate stakeholder engagement in portfolio decisions and activities.
You are a part of
In this challenging and exciting position you will be working directly with the R&D Leader of Philips Domestic Appliances. Additionally, you will be working with our leaders from the different Domestic Appliances businesses.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor/Master in Business and/or Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years working experience
- Strong analytical skills, good with financial numbers and (innovation) KPI’s
- Entrepreneurial, able to think strategic and spot business opportunities
- Excellent speaking and writing in English
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to join a dynamic, multi-cultural and innovative environment which is offering numerous opportunities for personal growth and professional evolution. At Philips, you will find people who share your passion for delivering innovative solutions that will improve the life of people around the world.
Why should you join Philips Domestic Appliances?
Philips’ Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2019 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, and many more that are used by millions of people every day across the world.
In January 2020, Philips announced that it would be considering new ownership options for Domestic Appliances, as it is not a strategic fit for the company’s future as a health technology leader, and committed to finding the right home for the business to ensure that it is set up for continued success serving customers, leveraging the Philips brand and driving growth across the markets that it serves.
In its 128-year history as a leading innovator, Philips has had to reinvent itself several times to remain competitive. This has involved several high-profile divestments, resulting in the company’s successful track record in managing complex change of this scale. Such transformations offer unique opportunities for employees to ‘make their mark’ and gain expertise in a specific and dynamic environment – those who can deliver results while navigating and contributing to changes will gain unique skills and perspective that will prove valuable for the rest of their careers.
Solliciteren: Philips Careers | Philips Jobs