Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be part of a fast-growing business that helps to improve the lives of millions of people, while advancing Philips digital transformation journey as a global leader in Health Technology.
You are responsible for
- Handling external customer Q-relations
- Interact with Development Quality Department (DQD) & Lifecycle Management (LcM) on Field call rate reduction
- Assuring Quality levels of Product & Process innovation
- Supporting and improving Production processes
- Managing the Product & Process Changes in Production
- Developing Competence level and creating right Quality Mindset
- Executing/deploying Quality Policy
- Coaching and supporting Q-Engineers in daily/weekly activities (setting priorities, making sure Q-issues are structural resolved)
- Developing Q-Engineers in the way of working and creating the right Quality mindset.
- Improving way of working (uniformity and efficiency) of quality systems
- Site Q-manager back up for Tier 4 meetings (MT daily management meetings)
- Leading CONQ (Cost of Non-Quality) improvements – driving RCA (root cause analysis) including pareto level 1 and level 2 and PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) actions execution
- Supporting and advising Operations Manager in any Quality related issues
- Supporting Production Managers in Quality target calculations and facilitating root cause analysis activities
- Active participation in the local CARB (CAPA Review Board) and local MRB (Material Review Board)
- Approve PSW’s (product submission warrants)
You are a part of
Mother & Childcare Operations and Operations Quality Drachten. A fast growing and innovative team, within an ever-changing environment constantly striving for improvements and exceeding internal and external stakeholder expectations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least 10 years experience in Quality environment in a regulated industry
- At least 5 years experience in production environment with knowledge of production processes
- At least 5 years experience in people management
- Knowledge of the Quality information systems
- Q-Tools PFMEA, Control Plan, CtQ-flowdown, CAPA, 8D
- Working knowledge of ISO standards (ISO 9001, ISO 13485, GMP)
- Good reporting and presentation skills
- Strong coaching skills and experience in people management and stakeholder(s) management
- Good communicator and team player who is able to work in a flexible and goal oriented environment
- Six Sigma improvement methodology (Green Belt/Black Belt)
- Experienced in leading Quality (multidisciplinary) projects
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dutch is a plus
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.