Quality Project Lead Floor Care
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Act as Quality Project Lead ensuring quality and reliability of our future Floorcare products. As member of the project team you will continuously review the project quality status and guide the team on quality aspects towards a successful launch. This means challenging and influencing project members on decisions that affect quality, of course in balance with costs and time.
You are responsible for
- Provide leadership and steer all product quality related activities ensuring that new product designs meet quality requirements and compliance standards for each milestone of the project;
- Lead and coach project teams on the Project Quality plan and quality tools
- Communicate regularly on the quality status, monitor predicted Field Return Rate throughout the project execution, Capture learning’s from earlier projects (both on the development process and on technical issues, FCR, PFQ improvements) and initiate improvements in the new / current project.
- Developing and executing the design release verification and validation plan
- Responsible for product safety, compliance, regulatory, sustainability and approbation related activities.
- Predicting and monitoring product quality after launch with post-market analytics and statistics on product quality performance in the field;
- Performing independent technical assessment on product quality; Leading and driving cross function and supplier for quality continuous improvement, form the workshop by end to end way. (collect filed defects, analysis, identify improvement actions)
- Supporting your team in use of Q-tools such as: Safety risk assessments, Failure mode and effect analyses, etc
You are a part of
Team of Quality and Regulatory, reporting to Business Quality Lead HomeCare. In Drachten you’ll find two of the largest innovation sites of Philips globally. With over 2000 colleagues from over 35 different nationalities it’s an inspiring environment for anyone. In our teams some of the best consumer product developers in the world work together to create innovative products with excellent end-user experience.
You will be part of the various multi–disciplinary project teams developing and industrializing the best Floorcare appliances in the world.
In this position you have the potential to grow to senior positions within the Quality and/or Development Organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably Electronic Engineering) with > 5 years of related experience in quality and/or product development
- Experience in balancing risks and opportunities of innovative solutions and applying Design for Six Sigma
- Conceptual, analytically strong, data driven, and hands-on
- Team player and an excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes (Fluent in English)
- Courageous and able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve product quality and organizational effectiveness
- You don’t accept underperformance or poor results. You have a quality mindset.
- Having a proactive and supportive attitude towards the product development team, being a role model for the Quality function in the project team
- Potential to grow to senior positions within the Quality and/or Development Organization
- Willingness to occasionally (5-10%) travel internationally to our suppliers based in Asia and Europe to test our products and assure quality on site
In return, we offer you
This role comes with a competitive compensation fitting your experience and expertise, but that’s not all;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- When you are successful in this role’s mission, you will have an array of diverse career options open to you – across different functional areas, product lines, business groups and/or geographies.
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
Quality is on the top of Philips leadership agenda and that means you have the unique opportunity to join the team and have a recognized voice to drive and witness exciting, transformational changes. You will be empowered to drive high quality, breakthrough innovations with a globally recognized, premium brand behind you.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions