R&D Project Leader
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to grow into a career as Project Leader for the Global Market Leader in Shaving & Grooming
You are responsible for
As part of the Project Management Office of InD Male Grooming you will lead projects in the area of commercial innovations, Life Cycle Management and/or in the Solutions program (One Blade Next). In this role you will develop both project management and leadership skills
Leading a small project or a subset of a project. Example of projects are:
- A markets request to release of a new color version of an existing shaver. You do the order intake (RTC) from where you make the planning and do the cost estimate. Together with your team you develop the new product, do the alignment with design and market, ensure proper quality testing, development of artwork, start production and ship it to our customer. During the development you are spearheading the project team, communicate on the progress and timely ask for help.
- A customer signs up to a subscription and in return they receive a personalized pouch (container their name). In your role, as part of the One Blade Next team, you made sure the webpage went live, the pouch has been developed and the production process needed for personalizing is up and running. Once successful, you have taken the lead in scaling up this offer to other markets.
You are a part of
A team of 6 highly skilled and motivated colleagues, with a strong can do mentality, low on hierarchy collaborating to achieve our mission. You’ll see all aspects from ideation till production, literally coming to life in our buildings on the campus in Drachten. Joining this team is to kick start your career and grow into the project management organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s degree in a STEM
- 2 -3 years’ experience in product development -mandatory
- Experience in production or a digital domain is an advantage
- Ability to look from a business perspective. Basic understanding of the other disciplines, e.g. marketing, purchasing, design;
- Eager to learn attitude and entrepreneurial mindset / can-do attitude;
- Strong leadership and communication skills, able to influence on different levels
- Coaching skills, able to build commitment and motivate your team and others
- Organizational sensitivity and ability to communicate on all levels within the organization
- An independent, mature and positive attitude, not willing to give up in case of resistance
- A combination of an analytical and a pragmatic approach
In return, we offer you
We offer a dynamic position in an innovative and fast-growing environment, where you will have a true impact. Your experience, skills, drive and personality will develop exponentially.
- A competitive salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Healthy work-life balance and exciting, international environment at the campus in Drachten.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.