Safety & Compliance Engineer
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support the innovation teams to bring products to the market, complying with Philips policies, safety standards and worldwide regulations, all within a competitive environment.
You are responsible for
- Translate safety and compliance requirements into product design requirements and deploy/announce them into the Innovation and development organization (including country specific legislation)
- Assure the use of the latest requirements and inform the organization regarding upcoming updates and/or new requirements. If required GTS’s (general test specifications) have to be updated accordingly. Regulatory plan Compliance Protocol, as deliverable in PDLM (Product Development Launch & Maintenance), needs to be initiated and signed off at project gating
- Contact point within the Innovation and development (I&D) organization regarding safety and compliance aspects, including country approbation related items (maintaining network, local contacts, lead-time, what is needed, etc.)
- Work in close cooperation with central Safety Compliance and Regulatory department on new development in the safety discipline
- Taking part in improvement and cost reduction actions to ensure safe and compliant products
- Have close contact with external test houses on safety standards and interpretations
- Take part in hazard-based safety risk assessments for projects to keep risks acceptable and within the Philips policy boundaries
- Organize witness testing (DEKRA) at Development Quality laboratory and take care of PO’s (financials) in close cooperation with Quality Project leads and Development quality test Engineers
- Initiate Country approbation (UL, CSA, country specific worldwide)
- After project end, work closely with the Modify Launched Design department (formerly known as Life Cycle Management) to ensure regulatory aspects are on track or initiate necessary changes to be implemented on in a timely manner
- Responsible for coordinating/ reporting and proper follow up of safety incidents
- Filling and maintaining the compliance database
- Review and approve /disapprove artwork, Instruction manuals, product type plates, labelling
You are a part of
The Drachten Safety and Compliance team supporting the Male Grooming, Female Beauty (Epilators) and Healthy Sleep Solutions business to ensure compliance with Philips policies, safety standards and worldwide regulations. You will report into to the Site Safety and Compliance manager and will be working in a network of various stakeholders based in the Netherlands and in key overseas markets. Philips is the global leader in the Male Grooming segment with a healthy and growing business and ambitious future global plans.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor degree in Electrical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in product development projects of electronics consumer products
- Affinity with Product Safety, Product Compliance and regulatory aspects.=
- Knowledge of chemicals and Safety standards e.g. EN/IEC 60335, EN/IEC 60601, EMC, and EMF would be preferred
- Experience in multi-disciplinary, (consumer) product development projects
- A network oriented mindset and ability to interact with all business functions at all levels. You are an excellent communicator
- Stress resistant; you are able to work under time pressure
- Proactive attitude, getting things done mentality
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.