Senior manager programming and architecture
Vacature van Philips
Are you ready to drive the development of our new Floor Care product innovations at our location in Drachten, the Netherlands? Do you have a vision combined with the right attitude to lead a team of technical professionals? Then this might be a unique opportunity for you.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
structurally drive the innovation for the next generations of Floor Cleaning devices.
Cordless vacuum cleaning is an exciting new category enjoying great business momentum in the market. As programming and architecture lead Floor Care you are responsible for ensuring logic in our technology and product roadmap and product architectures that are competitive in the market space. You propose R&D budgets for the subcategories and the underlying projects in line with value creation strategy. You lead a small team of people involved in programming and architecture (now 4 people). You would be supporting project definition and concept creation of electromechanical functions, system layout, requirements mapping, and mechatronics interfaces definitions.
You are responsible for
- Managing and coaching a team of architects and a program manager
- Fostering alignment of Innovation portfolio components with the strategic objectives and priorities of the organization and support effective decision-making. Performs continuous analysis and monitoring of portfolio components to identify issues, risks, and opportunities for value improvement. Defines the R&D budgets in the subcategories in line with guidance and strategic portfolio objectives. Portfolio Managers strive to balance and optimize the portfolio to achieve strategic portfolio objectives.
- Seeking opportunities to increase value and reduce waste.
- Ensuring a healthy pipeline of new innovations, technologies that can be successfully integrated into new Floor Cleaning product concepts and prototypes and broader business offerings around the product, like solutions based on digital connectivity.
- Setting up, managing and improving system and module requirements for our products
- Ensuring technical system integration in projects; bringing together technical disciplines leading to well settled requirements and verification framework
- Driving electromechanical architecture and re-usable modules across our portfolio.
- Ensuring platform creation and maintenance throughout innovation program for all FC products.
- Monitoring technologies and trends as necessary input for product and technology roadmap that you create,
- Advising management on make-or-buy decisions, internal vs external development as well as choices of technology options,
- Maintaining communication with central marketing teams and stakeholder’s,
You are a part of
- In this role you will be part of our Floor Care Innovation team. You will report into the Floor Care R&D Leader and be part of the Floor Care R&D management team.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least 10 years of experience in various research, technology development, product development, project management leadership roles.
- MSc/PhD in Engineering related fields such as Mechanics, Electronics, Mechatronics, Physics or equivalent.
- Proven experience in developing new ideas, technologies and new concepts to successful market launch. Experience in driving complex multidisciplinary technology projects.
- Good business acumen, understand and set up business cases for projects or to support decision making. MBA is a plus. Deep understanding of various business models (products and services, digital).
- Portfolio Strategic Management, Portfolio Lifecycle, Portfolio Capacity and Capability Management. Portfolio Governance
- Seamlessly collaborates with marketing, design and other functions and disciplines.
- Creative mindset seeing potential of new technologies and ideas and driving innovations.
- Familiar with Intellectual Property Rights.
- Good knowledge of development principles and tools (DfSS, DOE, Lean Development, Architecture Creation Process, etc.)
- Proven people management skills.
- A mature, inspirational people manager with exceptional leadership skills.
- Strong communicator and team-builder within a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
In return, we offer you
An inspiring experience with our daring and high-performing team. You’ll be joining a family that celebrates successes together. Our goal is for you to get better every day and we do that by helping you become the best version of yourself. It’s your unique journey. You set your own course – we’ll help you get there.
Why should you join Philips Domestic Appliances?
We are a start-up of over 7,600 people with incredible products, solutions, and strong market foundations. You’ll be joining a market leader with EUR 2.3 billion in annual sales in 2020, across kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and Floor Care and Air appliances.
Our groundbreaking, award-winning and sustainable innovations, such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, help create happier and healthier homes around the world.
We’re on an adventure. From January 2020, Domestic Appliances separated from Philips and we’re heading out into the big wide world ready to thrive and triumph on our own two feet. It’s an exciting time and, backed by 130 years of experience in innovative reinvention, we’re set up for success.
Working at Philips Domestic Appliances is more than just a job. It’s about joining our family and our adventure while creating your own. It’s about starting an inspiring journey that will have a lasting and positive impact on your personal and professional life.
What do you say? Come join our adventure. We dare you.