Sr. Function Developer Air (Domestic Appliances)
Vacature van Philips
As a Sr. Function Developer Air, you will define and develop innovations leading competitive advantage of Homecare Air product propositions! You will work independently and with the broader international team to satisfy consumer as well as business needs. Your challenge will be to balance out technology opportunities with offering significance for the users, commercial needs and time to market. Join our success and grab this unique opportunity!
In this role, you have the opportunity to…
…be the cradle of Air innovations that make many households a better place for healthy living. The air innovations consist among others of multiple ranges of air purifiers which effectively remove harmful particles like PM2.5, gasses, aerosols and allergens. You will be in a heart of fast growing business gathering new consumer insights, improving functions of existing products as well as designing new product architectures.
You are responsible for
- Concept and function development within multi-disciplinary project teams
- Developing new and optimizing existing product concepts based on consumer and business needs
- Developing competence and expertise in the Air domain including fundamental knowledge build up, user and business relevant application area
- Staying up to date with developments and adherent to relevant air standards and regulations
- Setting up test plans and test protocols; developing test setups when needed
- Managing your own task planning and interfaces to other functions
- Scouting Air sensing and filtration technologies and relevant professional (academic) networks; assessing feasibility of applications and potential opportunities
- Providing air technology and creative ideas input for product and technology roadmaps
- Communication towards stakeholders within your work scope.
You are a part of
In this role you will be part of our Home Care Innovation team. Home Care is a Business Unit in the Philips Domestic Appliances BG consisting of Floor Care and Air categories. Cordless vacuum cleaning and air purification are amongst the fastest growing business categories in Domestic Appliances.
Our dynamic team consist of over 60 engineers and is responsible for complete cycle of product development such as product and consumer research, pre-development, mechanical and electrical engineering, project management and realization. Our pre-development team is at the frontline of innovations in Homecare, together with 25 Function Development Engineers and Architects you will be working mainly in Advanced Development projects and report to the Pre-development Lead.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- At least 7 years of experience in various research, technology development, product development or project management leadership roles and at least 5 years or one complete product development cycle (pre-development and realization)
- Engineering background: BSc / MSc degree in technical domain study, for example Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechatronics, Industrial Design or similar major
- Proven track record of independent working inside the team on specific module or function, delivering own results to the project lead, lead engineer or architect
- You can proof your all-round skills: setting up hypotheses, making own design, performing verification testing of own designs
- Practical ‘hands-on’ approach to work in the specialized air lab • Knowledge of development principles and tools (DfSS, DoE, Lean Development, etc.)
- Design for Experiments for own workstream • Drive for quality yet with pragmatic and ‘can do’ positive approach to a dynamic environment
- Creative mindset seeing potential of new technologies and ideas and driving innovations
- Good communication skills in English both verbally and written • Influencing skills
- A great deal of self-discipline and perseverance to deliver either solo or in teams
In return we offer you
An inspiring experience with our fearless and high-performing team. You’ll be joining a family that celebrates successes together. Our goal is for you to get better every day and we do that by helping you become the best version of yourself. It’s your unique journey. You set your own course – we’ll help you get there.
Why should you join Philips Domestic Appliances?
We are a start-up of over 7,600 people with incredible products, solutions, and strong market foundations. You’ll be joining a market leader with EUR 2.3 billion in annual sales in 2020, across kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances.
Our groundbreaking, award-winning and sustainable innovations, such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, help create happier and healthier homes around the world.
We’re on an adventure. From January 2020, Domestic Appliances separated from Philips and we’re heading out into the big wide world ready to thrive and triumph on our own two feet. It’s an exciting time and, backed by 130 years of experience in innovative reinvention, we’re set up for success.
Working at Philips Domestic Appliances is more than just a job. It’s about joining our family and our adventure while creating your own. It’s about starting an inspiring journey that will have a lasting and positive impact on your personal and professional life.
What do you say? Come join our adventure. We dare you.
Solliciteren: Philips Careers | Philips Jobs