Sr. R&D Project Leader
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead End2End product development projects in male grooming from the Idea phase to Product launch.
You are responsible for
- Leading one or more projects within a product category with a project budget between 0.5 and 15 million Euro. The number of employees involved varies between 10 – 100, depending of the scope
- and the phase of the project. Your tasks include:
- Based on customer needs you determine together with our marketing and internal technical competence departments which innovations, technologies and standard modules will be used in the consumer product
- Based on this decision you start up and execute the product development phase together with internal function developers, industrial designers, mechanical and electronic product developers, quality engineers, consumer researchers and purchasers
- After finalizing the product development phase, you are responsible for developing and releasing the production processes and equipment in the Supply Chain or at key suppliers abroad by means of OEM/ODM model.
- Together with your team, you set up a review structure that provides optimal insight into the current status of the project and you initiate corrective actions if required
- You communicate project status, results and activities with team members and internal and external stakeholders, always ensuring alignment of expectations.
- You have an international scope, so some travelling is part of this job.
You are a part of
The Male Grooming Solutions team (Digital Innovation) is working for the cluster Personal Health. The team ensures the E2E development of the products and solutions within Male Grooming which can vary between products, native apps, web solutions, voice etc.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s degree in a technical subject, preferably mechanical engineering.
- +5 years in demonstrated ability in handling international multidisciplinary projects, preferably in Business to Consumer
- Engineering experience in product development is required, whereas experience in production is an advantage.
- Next to your technical background you can look from a business perspective. You have a basic understanding of other disciplines, e.g. marketing, purchasing, design.
- You are eager to learn and have an entrepreneurial mindset / can-do attitude
- You like challenges and get energy from taking away roadblock. The impossible task is what gets you through the day.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, able to influence on different levels. This allows you to make good and effective decisions.
- Mentor skills, able to build dedication and empower your team and others.
- Organizational sensitivity and ability to communicate on all levels within the organization.
- An independent, mature, and positive attitude, not willing to give up in case of resistance.
- A combination of an analytical and a pragmatic approach: you make it happen
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most exciting career. Succeeding in this role in a sophisticated environment will open many doors for your long-term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule, and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.