Structural Packaging Engineer ( graduate position )
Vacature van Philips
n this role, you have the opportunity to
Work on packaging development for different businesses at Philips Personal Health i.e. Male Grooming, Beauty from initial design concepts to mass production in a multidisciplinary team.
You are responsible for
- influence and work together with a multi-disciplinary team of packaging engineers and designers within the projects, e.g. steer packaging development and manage cross functional aspects;
- Designing, detailing out and releasing new structural packaging concepts for different categories within Philips from design to production, using the latest trends, materials, finishing and technologies.
- Working closely together with communication designers, suppliers, engineers and marketing manager and informing your stakeholders in an effective way.
- manage product requirements, lead DFMEA’s and follow development methodology
- release packs, parts and modules for mass production,
- Attend and eventually lead ideations sessions, drive concept creation and decision making,
- keep oversight of the complete appliance development (assist the lead engineer),
- proof that your construction fulfills the function(s) and requirements under all load cases (via e.g. calculation, simulation, tolerance analysis, proto’s + testing),
- detail 3D and 2D files incorporating Design for Manufacturing and Design for Assembly requirements and archiving in system
- plan and prioritize your own work and manage the interfaces with other product/modules/parts – able to work via agile approach,
- identify gaps and implement improvements to bring the Structural Packaging group to a higher level,
- capture and re-use of existing knowledge and share learnings.
You are a part of
You will be part of the Structural Packaging team that consists of 16 enthusiastic engineers and designers. The projects are demanding for great results; We have an inclusive and open work environment and celebrating success regularly. You will report into the Structural Packaging Group Leader.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- You have a Bachelor or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering/Industrial Design and gained relevant working experience during internships
- You are familiar with design and manufacturing of mechanical constructions in molded fibers, cartons;
- You have experience in managing multi-disciplinary projects,
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques and CAD. You have knowledge of the design of mechanical constructions and preferably you are familiar with the manufacturability aspects (mould/tooling design/forming) and analysis (strength, stiffness)
- You show drive and are quality driven. Experience with Design for Six Sigma (i.e. being greenbelt certified) is a plus;
- The ability to balance innovation and practical realization;
- Determination in decision making and independence;
- You are ambitious, have leadership skills and are a team player and you have good coordination, communication and coaching skills.
In return, we offer you
Philips offers you a challenging job with excellent career development possibilities and self-evident good benefits.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.