Supplier Quality Engineer
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Improve the quality of our products at external suppliers. Secure a high-quality performance at our Suppliers through the application and practice of Advanced Product Quality Planning ‘APQP’ during the industrialization of Philips products/parts within the New Product Introduction ‘NPI’ process. You will support the business to deliver high-quality products to markets with the use of APQP. In this broad position you will both work on NPI as sustaining Supplier Quality.
You are responsible for
- Completes the release of materials and components including spare parts, development/ improvement of supplier processes for Critical to Quality (CtQ’s), supplier process control plans; ensuring that the supplied part meets specifications, and the control limits/tolerances for CtQ parameters are met.
- Gives supply quality input during the realization of new products and has knowledge of the Suppliers and is able to clarify design intent and requirements to supplier and ensures supplier feedback is included in the products.
- Gives input during supplier selection, participating in the Supplier Sourcing Process and being a core member of the NPI project teams.
- Provide R&D and Engineering project support across multiple commodities (e.g. plastics, electronics, metals and chemicals).
- Independently produces and completes Supplier Quality Engineering related activities and documentation.
- Ensures that the components/products at the supplier (including spare parts and services) are released according agreed specification and quality requirements (APQP).
- Lead or participate in the audit and assessment of Suppliers ensuring they are compliant with associated policies/procedures and GMP/ISO requirements.
- Executes SCAR management, ensuring effective and timely closure, solving non-conformances using a systematic approach to problem solving, conducting risk analyses and drive corrective and preventative actions to successful closure.
- Follows processes and operational policies.
- Develop and maintain a Supplier Performance Scorecards, analyze and identify emerging supplier non-conformance trends using appropriate statistical tools.
You are a part of
A Supplier Quality team located in Drachten. Responsible for multiple global suppliers in Male Grooming, Oral Healthcare and Mother & Childcare. The team consists of 6 supplier quality engineers and a supplier quality engineering manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or science discipline, or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 year relevant working experience in Quality Engineering of which at least 2 years experience in Supplier Quality
- Experience in a large international Automotive, Aerospace, Food, Defense or Medical Devices (strong preference) company with ISO 9001 is required.
- Good written and oral English skills.
- Experience in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action methods.
- Experience in both NPI (with APQP and PPAP) as sustaining Supplier Quality is required
- Expertise/experience in problem solving with quality tools such as 8-D / FMEA/ 5WHY / DMAIC / SPC is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, internal and external to the company.
- Well-developed presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to handle supplier situations and interactions in a tactful, professional and effective manner.
- Ability to manage multiple and/or complex projects and priorities under deadlines.
- Ability to travel +/- 15% of time both domestic or global (flexible to leave for an international business trip within a few days)
In return, we offer you
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A market conform salary
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Solliciteren: Philips Careers | Philips Jobs