User Experience Researcher HomeCare
Vacature van Philips
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Do you want to work on the next generation devices and products for Philips HomeCare? As a User Experience Researcher, you represent the voice of the consumer throughout the product development process, to ensure that Philips innovations make a meaningful difference to consumers’ lives. Based on deep consumer insights, you translate consumer needs into innovations that promote the health and well-being of consumers, working closely together with Marketing and Development.
You are responsible for
- The User Experience Researcher works in product development projects,
- You work as a business partner to scope the project definition and objective particularly concerning Insights, Benefits, Reason-to-Believe and Claims Areas.
- You collaborate with Consumer Marketing and Market Intelligence to translate the general needs of market segments into consumer insights and requirements. You lead the search for and validation of consumer insights in the area of global FloorCare unmet needs – using all appropriate (desk, qualitative, quantitative) research methods.
- For these Insights, you collaborate with the project team to identify and validate the detailed consumer needs and drivers for satisfaction.
- You contribute to the definition of product options based on in-depth understanding of these consumer needs.
- You translate sharply defined insights into clear technical product deliverables – going beyond reliance on pure data and information toward a pragmatic / sensing approach in expressing consumer needs.
- You validate whether the end-product meets the consumer needs and insight
You are a part of
Philips Personal Health delivers lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise is Innovation & You. We aim to develop innovations that make a meaningful difference to people’s lives. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people’s needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
A key department in this site is Product Research and Consumer Care. This function represents the Voice of the Consumer in our Innovation & Development activities. It drives the translation of powerful insights into products and services that delight customers better than competition and live up to Philips’ brand promise of Innovation & You. The influence of the department spans from insight generation, value proposition creation, solution development to market launch and forms a main link between I&D and the business. You will work in a team of Product Researchers and Consumer Care experts.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master degree (in Human Technology Interaction, User Experience Design, Industrial Design Engineering or other engineering discipline) AND relevant experience in Consumer Research and / or Marketing.
- At least 3 years of experience in Usability / User experience / Consumer Research, preferably in a global and multi-disciplinary setting and proven experience in developing and evaluating new propositions as well as digital/connected applications.
- You have applied a range of User experience / UI / Usability / consumer research methods, tools and processes and know the ins and outs of each.
- Technical understanding combined with consumer mindset to be able to see the link between technology and consumers.
- You can help us ‘think different’ – in terms of research questions and how to solve them. Provide us with great, innovative ideas on how to do research to find out what user’s want not now, but in the future
- Nice-to-have: Strong interviewing skills
- Passionate and driven to fully serve the customer and always outperform competition. Always looking for perfection with attention for details.
- Passionate about creating innovations and services that truly address consumer needs and delight our consumers.
- Conceptual, data driven, analytically strong and at the same time pragmatic and hands-on.
- A strong team player. You are an excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes.
- Courageous and smart thinker, able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally.
- Open to travel for the job.
In return, we offer you
A career path where you have the unique opportunity to represent the voice of the consumer and play a vital role in making a meaningful difference to consumers’ lives and the growth of Philips globally. The work you do every day contributes to innovative health technologies and solutions that help improve billions of lives every year, even yours. This creates unexpected moments when your work and personal life comes together in meaningful ways. Together we serve a bigger purpose.