Vacancy by Kwant Controls
Project management IT Innovation
Do you like to make high-end products and would you like to ensure that operating systems work perfectly? Then apply as a System Engineer at Kwant Controls and become responsible for the control systems for seagoing vessels.
Kwant Controls has been a leading manufacturer of state of the art high-end nautical instruments and systems for seagoing vessels for many years. By continuously innovating, through collaborations with the University of Groningen and the Innovation Cluster Drachten (ICD), Kwant Controls is seen as leading for the niche of human machine interface in which Kwant Controls operates. From the location in Sneek, we serve our maritime customers worldwide with more than seventy employees.
After more than 80 years of building instruments for complex and mostly seagoing ships (from cruise ship to naval frigate), we started focusing on propulsion systems 10 years ago. In addition, we have a growing customer base with vessels ranging from dredgers to high-speed ferries.
We are looking for a full-time system engineer to strengthen the team.
What are you going to do?
As a system engineer you are ultimately responsible for the technical aspects of the operating systems and their hardware and software modules. You are responsible for organizing and the technical content of these systems. You keep in touch with the clients, you communicate the technical data and you will collaborate with internal and/or external designers for detailed engineering.
The team consists of three System Engineers (of which you are the third), two Electrical Hardware Engineers, two Software Engineers and then the Commissioning Engineers. The team is led by the Systems Manager. The Systems Engineer is leading in making a functional/technical specification from which the rest of the team does its work. As a Systems Engineer you also have a central role in the eventual integration of prototypes and serial models in collaboration with the R&D department.
To ensure that everything runs smoothly, you draw up specifications for the system and an action plan for the design process. You manage the software, hardware and test engineers internally. You do this both on location in Sneek, and on board ships at home and abroad. It is important that you have a helicopter view.
Also common activities are:
- Defining modules for new operating systems at a top-level technical work level and substantively directing the design process for operating systems;
- Discussing design considerations by providing appropriate technical modeling and analysis and communicating technical data to the client;
- Together with the sales engineer you draw up the specifications of the system and you draw up an action plan for the design process;
- Recording specifications in schemes for detailed engineering;
- Drawing up functional and technical specifications, installation description, acceptance protocols, manual and operating instructions.
This is a full-time position for 40 hours a week with a view to a permanent position.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated, involved and dedicated system engineer with both technical and organizational insight who works in a systematic manner. We also expect that you;
- Have relevant experience in designing and/or specifying control modules and systems;
- Has HBO+ or WO level work and thinking level;
- Master the Dutch and English language;
- Have knowledge and experience with human factors, fluid mechanics, embedded systems, real-time operating systems, modeling and simulation of mechatronic systems (MATLAB/SIMULINK, 20SIM).
- Good at organizing work for a multidisciplinary team.
What do we offer?
Working at Kwant Controls means that you get to work in an inspiring, pleasant working environment with enthusiastic colleagues at a market leader in the maritime sector. Quality is an important factor at Kwant Controls as is innovation, so you can be really proud of the products that are delivered. In addition, you can count on good primary and secondary employment conditions with, among other things, 25 vacation days and 13 ADV days. The salary indication for this position is between €4000 and €4500 gross per month.
Are you interested?
Then we would like to meet you! Apply and we will contact you as soon as possible! Do you have any questions? Please contact Helle Koning-Kruitwagen 0515 746014 | email@example.com